Re: recommendation for digital camera

On Friday 16 July 2004 05:30 pm, Ryan Waye wrote:
> Sansdisk and ConpactFlash cards are usually pretty generic, and will
> work on almost any OS.  Just make sure you get the right reader if you
> decide to go this direction.
>
> Ryan Waye

I have been using a Nikon CoolPix 990 since they first came out something like
4 years ago.  When I switched from Windows to Linux (and after I figured out
how gphoto2 worked, they have an excellent how-to on their web site) I've had
no problems getting images straight from the camera.  I'm using testing, the
2.6.6 kernel, and KDE.  In Konqueror all I do is type camera:/ and transfer
files just like I would from any other directory.  Not to mention the fact
that Nikon cameras take very nice photographs.

Peace,
Gail