Re: Can't connect to my IMAP folders with Evo...?

%% John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> writes:

  js> Paul Smith wrote:

  >> The very bizarre thing is that I also use fetchmail to download one of
  >> my IMAP folders from the same account, leaving the other folders for
  >> Evo, and fetchmail connects every single time, no problems at all.  I
  >> run it in daemon mode and it connects every 10 seconds (!) and downloads
  >> my mail.

  js> It's always a good diagnostic technique to use another tool. Have you
  js> tried Thunderbird, Mozilla Mail, Kmail or Mutt?

No, but as I said fetchmail does work.

How many different tools should I try?  If at least one works that seems
enough to verify that the server is working and that my account is
active and my password is correct and all that basic stuff.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools