Re: 2.6.7 questions

Bradley M Alexander wrote:

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 08:22, John Summerfield wrote:

_Which_ 2.6.7 kernel are you using?

If you're not using a Debian kernel, then try kernel-image-2.6.6-1-686
or so as appropriate to your CPU.

A particular point to using a Debian kernel is that (if the kernel team
got it right) it will pull in all the other stuff you need.

I am using a self-compiled kernel-source-2.6.7-2. As I said, I have all of the USB options compiled into the kernel to see whether it was a problem loading modules or not. I will try the same with SCSI.

Since your setup does not work, try first (as I said) with a standard Debian kernel.If that does not work, then others may be able to reproduce your problem.

All I can say is I'm using a standard debian kernel and all works as expected.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait