2.6.7 questions

I just took the plunge into the 2.6 world, and it rocks. I have a couple of
lingering issues that I wanted to ask the list about.

1. USB devices - I have a number of USB devices, from an Archos 20GB mp3
player (which works) to a Cruzer SD card reader and Lexar jump drive (which
do not). I cannot get my Palm Tungsten E (/dev/ttyUSB1) to sync. All worked
under 2.4.26. Another thing I noticed was that under 2.4, I would get a
system beep when I plugged in a USB device. I do not under 2.6.

The Archos, when plugged in, creates /sys/block/hda/hda1, and I can mount
that. However the SD card and the jump drive (both are 512MB, but it
shouldn't matter). I have the built-in (on the motherboard) USB1.1 interface,
and a Belkin 4-port USB2 switch connected to a PCI USB2 interface.

My 2.6 is configured as follows:
SCSI
*	legacy /proc/scsi support
m	SCSI disk support
m	SCSI generic support
*	Probe all LUNs
*	Verbose SCSI error reporting

USB subsystem
*	Host-side USB
*	USB device filesystem
*	EHCI HCD
*	UHCI HCD
*	USB Mass Storage
*	ISD-200
*	USB HID
*	USB input layer
*	USB serial support
*	Handspring/Visor/Palm/Clie driver

2. My wheel mouse-s calibration seems to have changed. When I run TVTime under
2.4, one click of the wheel setting equalled one channel changed. Under 2.6,
every click changes the tuner by two channels.

Anybody know a fix for  this behavior other than booting back into 2.4 to use
usb?
- --
- --Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |
SysAdmin, Security Engineer    |   storm [at] tux.org
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34
Gun control is being able to hit your target.