Re: 2.6.7 questions

Bradley Alexander wrote:

I just took the plunge into the 2.6 world, and it rocks. I have a couple of lingering issues that I wanted to ask the list about.

1. USB devices - I have a number of USB devices, from an Archos 20GB mp3 player (which works) to a Cruzer SD card reader and Lexar jump drive (which do not). I cannot get my Palm Tungsten E (/dev/ttyUSB1) to sync. All worked under 2.4.26. Another thing I noticed was that under 2.4, I would get a system beep when I plugged in a USB device. I do not under 2.6.

The Archos, when plugged in, creates /sys/block/hda/hda1, and I can mount that. However the SD card and the jump drive (both are 512MB, but it shouldn't matter). I have the built-in (on the motherboard) USB1.1 interface, and a Belkin 4-port USB2 switch connected to a PCI USB2 interface.

My 2.6 is configured as follows:
SCSI
*	legacy /proc/scsi support
m	SCSI disk support
m	SCSI generic support
*	Probe all LUNs
*	Verbose SCSI error reporting

USB subsystem
*	Host-side USB
*	USB device filesystem
*	EHCI HCD
*	UHCI HCD
*	USB Mass Storage
*	ISD-200
*	USB HID
*	USB input layer
*	USB serial support
*	Handspring/Visor/Palm/Clie driver

2. My wheel mouse-s calibration seems to have changed. When I run TVTime under 2.4, one click of the wheel setting equalled one channel changed. Under 2.6, every click changes the tuner by two channels.

Anybody know a fix for this behavior other than booting back into 2.4 to use usb?
_Which_ 2.6.7 kernel are you using?

If you're not using a Debian kernel, then try kernel-image-2.6.6-1-686 or so as appropriate to your CPU.

A particular point to using a Debian kernel is that (if the kernel team got it right) it will pull in all the other stuff you need.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait