Re: dselect alternatives

On (13/07/04 13:36), Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>
> > apt-get is flat out much better. Some people are now recommending
> > aptitude as it has a more sane handling of suggests and recommends.
>
> Horses for courses. Aptitude is *far* from a useable product.
FWIW I've been tracking sid using aptitude since last December. I'm
pretty sure that had I used apt-get I would have broken my system
several times by now.  The combination of apt-listbugs and aptitude has
saved me from my own ignorance thus far.

Horses for courses is undoubtedly right but aptitude seems a good horse
for someone who is not very technical (like me) but wants to use sid
without losing functionality from time to time.

Regards

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk