RE: Voyetra Sound Card--lound squeal, hiss

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent West [mailto:westk@acu.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 11:38 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Voyetra Sound Card--lound squeal, hiss

>>Gregory Pierce wrote:
>>
>>>I am having a terrible problem getting any sound out of my speakers
>>>other than a very loud squeal....

I'd next try running "lspci" to see what it says about your chipset;
then maybe run modconf to see if there's a better module match.

You might try upgrading kernels.

I'd shut down X and try playing a tune with with something like "splay",
to remove any sound daemon / X issues from the mix.

--
Kent

Thanks Kent.  I'll give this a try when I get back home tonight.

-Greg