Re: tmda

"Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> writes:

> On 2004-07-12, Steve Lamb penned:
>>
>>     I'm not sure what Karsten had in mind here but let me give my
>>     first hand view on this piece.  My current employment gives me
>>     access to TMDA in production use.  In one instance a client of
>>     ours gets over 9,000 messages *a day*.  Virtually all of it is
>>     spam.  They have configured TMDA to C-R.  So follow the math.
>
> Implementing a C/R system without first running the mail through some
> spam detection system is horribly irresponsible.

So false positives will never be able to get a challenge, right?  Though
if you're going to go through the trouble of doing spam filtering at
SMTP-time, that defeats the supposed purpose of TMDA to begin with.
You're on the right track, but you should have just said, "Implementing
a C/R system is horribly irresponsible," and left it at that.

Besides, why should anybody have to subscribe to *send* you mail?