tmda (was Re: Attach filter)

on Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:37:45PM -0600, Monique Y. Mudama (spam@bounceswoosh.org) wrote:
> On 2004-06-25, Paul Johnson penned:
> > --=-=-=
> >
> > "Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> writes:
> >
> >> You can use procmail, tmda, or any other filtering app for this.
> >> Here's what I have in my tmda configuration:
> >
> > Don't use TMDA.  Challenge-response considered harmful.
> >
> > http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Rants/challenge-response.html
>
> Challenge-response isn't the only thing tmda does.

Granted.

It's the primary selling point of the tool, however.  And much of the
information used to sell it is just plain wrong.  This has been detailed
many, many times.

Jason Mastaler accepts criticism so graciously he's banned me from any
mail access to his domain.  Go figure.  That's adult, open, honest, and
principled.

But we'll let the intelligent folks here do the math for themselves:

    http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2003-September/007390.html
    http://www.linux.ie/pipermail/ilug/2003-September/006931.html
    http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2003-September/007393.html
    http://mla.libertine.org/tmda-users/2003-09/msg00270.html