Re: tmda (was Re: Attach filter)

On 2004-07-12, Steve Lamb penned:

>     I'm not sure what Karsten had in mind here but let me give my
>     first hand view on this piece.  My current employment gives me
>     access to TMDA in production use.  In one instance a client of
>     ours gets over 9,000 messages *a day*.  Virtually all of it is
>     spam.  They have configured TMDA to C-R.  So follow the math.

Implementing a C/R system without first running the mail through some
spam detection system is horribly irresponsible.  As they're you're
client, I hope you're making some effort to educate them and/or provide
them with that option.

[snip]

>     Mind you that the offical TMDA party line might be to use it as
>     part of a grander scheme

I believe it is; at least, most of the folks on the tmda mailing list
believe this.  I don't know if it's explicitly stated in the docs.

TMDA also implements nifty things like dated and keyword addresses, btw.
I honestly don't know if these are available through other sources.

>     but some people have come here to this list to tell those of us
>     with a little clue that C-R (in particular their broken
>     implementation, not TMDA) was far superior than spam filtering and
>     that spam filtering simple was not needed and a waste.

That's unfortunate.

--
monique