Re: openoffice won't import eps postscript graphic

Dean Allen Provins wrote:
IS it actually an EPS graphic? or a PS graphic that was just saved
with an EPS extension?  Try opening it in the GIMP and resaving it.

You can check the file format via: 'file name_of_file'.

I think all file does is check whether the file contains 'EPSF', whereas GIMP has to parse the whole file.

EPS files from our professional visual aids department. When I load those, OOo displays the title, creator, and time notes instead of the picture. Is there some way to see the image?

EPS files can include a rastered version of the image which when opened
in OO, and also in MS presentation, is displayed in the preview box, and
on the page when finally positioned.  Only when the final PostScript is
generated does the actual EPS image get displayed.  To include such a
rastered version, use "ps2epsi".

Some of the images I got from our visual aids group had preview images, but OOo doesn't display them. Worse yet, it seems I can't print any OOo document that contains an EPS image!

I'm getting sorely tempted to boot into Win....

Cheers, Dave