Re: openoffice won't import eps postscript graphic

Dave Howorth wrote:
I'm trying to import an EPS file into OOo Writer. I choose Insert/Graphics/FromFile... then select EPS as the file type and click on my eps file But when I press the open button, it says 'Unknown graphic format'. I haven't been able to find anything in the help or on this list.

I'm running Woody with:
openoffice.org              1.0.3-2
openoffice.org-bin          1.0.3-1woody2
openoffice.org-debian-files 1.0.3-2+1
openoffice.org-help-en      1.0.3-2
openoffice.org-I10n-en      1.0.3-2
(I don't know why the versions are slightly different)

The eps file was created by Grace 5.1.7.

Can anybody suggest what might be causing the problem or how to fix it?

Thanks, Dave

IS it actually an EPS graphic? or a PS graphic that was just saved
with an EPS extension?  Try opening it in the GIMP and resaving it.

-Roberto Sanchez