Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:04:34PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Jamin W. Collins(jcollins@asgardsrealm.net) is reported to have said:
> > On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:49:10AM -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:

> > > Is your paper definition correct? If it is set as A4 or something
> > > other than Letter that might account for the incorrect size.
> >
> > Yes, it set to letter (which is correct for the paper I'm using) on
> > both the cups client and server machines.  Any postscript printing
> > works fine, but not xprinting.
>
> And in /etc/Xprint/C/print/attributes/document ???

No, because I have my locale set (I thought) appropriately to
LANG=en_US.UTF-8.

Based on this, checking /etc/Xprint/en_US/print/attributes/document
revealed:

# US and some other countries use US-Letter as default paper size
# ("C"-locale default is "ISO-A4")
*default-medium: na-letter

Which would appear to be correct.  For grins, I changed
/etc/Xprint/C/print/attributes/document to

*content-orientation: portrait
*copy-count: 1
*default-medium: na-letter
*default-printer-resolution: 300

on both the cups server and client machines, and restarted xprint (just
to be safe).  Test output from both the client and server itself still
exhibit the exact same problem at the end of the pages.  To be
consistent with my testing I printed the same URL each time.  In all
cases except Postscript/Default  the last few lines of the first page
are truncated.

You can see the truncation in this scan:

http://gabfest.net/xprint-cutoff.png

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings