Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

Reid Priedhorsky <reid@reidster.net> writes:

> 1. It was broken for some people.
>
> Fine, but Xprint is broken for me and now I can't print.  I don't
> think it's appropriate to remove a feature until its replacement is
> stable and useable by everyone who could use the old feature.

Personally, I don't think it's appropriate to remove a feature when
its replacement is an over-engineered piece of crap which is slow,
hardly bothers to interact with the rest of the OS.  But that
describes a lot of what the Mozilla project shovels out.  Take heart,
Xprint will probably start to be useful in a year or two.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
If you can't be with the one you love, kill the one they're with.