Re: desktop Linux for a debian user?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:07:03 -0400, S.D.A. wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 03:01:02AM -0400 or thereabouts, Silvan wrote:
>>
> One pretty decent "Desktop Linux" based on Debian is Libranet;
>
> <http://www.libranet.com/download.html>.
>
> All one needs to do is change the sources list to Debian
> Testing/Unstable to get the missing apps that are in the current
> Flagship Edition.

I liked Libranet 2.8 but there's one thing to watch: The adminmenu app
wants to install a sources.list that points to experimental and snapshot.
I took them out, finally.

> So, one can have the best of both worlds...

Although I snipped your original comment, I agree that Libranet has a nice
installer.  I haven't seen the new Debian Installer but the old installer
in Debian 2.0 was the reason I switched to Debian in the first place.  It
was later I discovered APT and its friends.