Re: desktop Linux for a debian user?

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:39:46 -0400, Ignatz Sol wrote:

> I hadn't thought of using unstable.  [...] What do you mean "it doesn't
> break much"?

I've been running unstable since January.  Occasionally, Aptitude reports
"upgradable" packages for which I have unsatisfied dependencies that I
have to resolve manually.  Nothing has ever broken, just sometimes I can't
upgrade some packages immediately.

Note: I saw similar situations running testing.

The only problems I've had since installing Potato were when I removed
packages manually without realizing I was using them.  No software can
protect the system from users with the root password.