Re: Need Lilo Configuration Advice for Dual Boot Setup

hi ya aldous

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Aldous Huxley wrote:

> I'm hoping that this group will again, offer up great, effective advice
> for an issue I'm grappling with.
> I have a computer with Windows 98 installed on the primary hard drive
> (c: windows; hda1 linux) and Woody installed on a second hard drive
> (d: windows; hdb1 linux).

the above comments doesnt make sense... i will assume:
	/dev/hda1 == windows == c:
	/dev/hdb1 == linux

to make it dual boot .. see the lilo.conf file below ..

for performance, you want to use hda and hdc ...
	- one disk per ide cable

run lilo after you have edited the file per your liking
and kernel

c ya
alvin

#
#
# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
#
# dual boot between hda1 or hdb1
#
#
#
boot = /dev/hda
#
# optional message if you want to say something
# message = /boot/boot_message.txt
#
prompt
#
# timeout = 1200
timeout = 50    # 5 seconds
#
#
lba32
#
#
#
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
# vga = 773
#
#
# Put your kernel here
# --------------------
#	- fix the partition for your linux distro
#
image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.x.y
  root = /dev/hdb1
  label = Linux-X-Y