Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 04:27:31PM +1000, Tim Connors wrote:
> William Ballard <40521.nospam@comcast.net> said on Wed, 26 May 2004 22:34:19 -0700:
> > Prolly something to do with the commies :-)  I didn't even know "In God
> > We Trust" was added to the money in the 50s, just thought it was always
> > like that.
>
> No doubt the commies.
>
> Incidentally, do American's associate more than just communism to
> their concept of Commies? America seems to be ver disproportionately
> against the theory of communism, which in my opinion isn't anywhere
> near as bad as it is made out to be - only that the implementations of
> it have so far been rife with corruption - much the same as the only
> implementations of democracy/capitalism so far have also been rife
> with corruption.

Ah, let's don't start that discussion.  Already wasted too much
bandwidth with this crap :-)

Can't resist one: I was in France at a Compaq facility, and wanted to
work on a Saturday to prepare for a class I was to teach.  This was
during the height of the dot-com boom, so everybody wanted to let me but
5 different people each had to ask their boss if it was okay, and
finally the last guy called some government official.  Then they gave me
permission to work on Saturday.

That's commie!