Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 17:57, William Ballard wrote:
> Do you also say one million and fourteen thousand and two hundred and
> thirty seven?

one million, fourteen thousand, two hundred and thirty-seven.

I remember doing school exercises when I was 7 on writing out numbers in
words.

But to demonstrate that the use of "and" in numbers is not unAmerican
either:

        "Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this
        continent..."

     "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but
      in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than
      themselves."      Philippians 2:3