Re: 2.6 and nvidia

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> I've now got the nvidia modules loading under 2.6.5 (hurrah!). This is
> what I did (in order), although I'm not sure which are the important
> parts:
>
> apt-get install udev
> /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx start
> cd /lib/modules/2.6.5.dilbert/nvidia
> modprobe nvidia
>
> I must say...the touch pad is WAY more sensitive now. I'm not sure if
> I like it or not.... I'm going to have to relearn how to drive the
> cursor. ;)
>
> emma

Try adding something like this to Section "InputDevice" of the
XF86Config file:

Option "Resolution" "256"
You can then change the number to affect the speed of the
mouse.

or you can use "xset m 4 1" in your  /.xinitrc where
4 is the mouse acceleration as compared to the default speed
and 1 is the threshold (1 means disable the threshold)
More in the man page of xset

Regards,
Benedict