Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 08:27:10PM +1200, cr wrote:
> Okay, you were referring to yourself, then, I take it.   It is of course
> entirely acceptable to refer to oneself in mildly deprecatory tones.   I have
> occasion to do it all the time   <g>

Gee, I'm glad you find me "acceptable."

Listen, guy, you tone reeks a bit too much of self-assured, 'kay?

I think Brits and Europs sometimes affect a bit too much of the "kindly
old uncle" about American customs when sometimes it's closer to the
"dottering old fool."

HHOS

- Roger Wilco, over and out