Re: authenticate via NTLM & AD

Hi,

i'm getting closer but it's still not working.
First, i've installed the Jana server but i couldn't
even use it from my windows machine.
I mean it worked but i wasn't able to establsh a connection
through it.
So i focused on APS again although the tests that i did before
i initially mailed the list didn't work.
Here are the steps that i did:

1. Install aps on windows, listen to port 3128.
2. Surf from the same machine using windows aps on port 3128.
   Result: WORKS
3. Surf from the debian woody using windows aps on port 3128.
   Result: FAILS
4. Install aps on the debian machine, listen to port 3128.
5. Surf from the windows machine using the debian machine aps proxy
   Result: WORKS.
   Now i'm sure the aps program works on Linux & Windows.
6. Surf from the debian woody using the debian machine aps proxy.
   Result: FAILS

Somewhere there is a problem with the Linux.
This is what i've tried to get it to work:

1) Changing /etc/apt/apt-conf
Setting Acquire::http::Proxy "http://winpcname.domain.be:3128";;
or if running aps on linux
Setting Acquire::http::Proxy "http://linuxpcname.domain.be:3128";;
Pinging winpcname.domain.be and linuxpcname.domain.be works.
apt-get fails again. It seems to get the correct ip for the names
in the sources.list yet the connection times out.
When the connection hangs and i run netstat -na i can see this:
tcp 0 1 10.10.2.131:1630    204.152.189.120:80     SYN_SENT
10.10.2.131 is the ip of the linuxserver (and this is taken when
i initiate an apt-get update from the linux server with aps also
running on the server)
When i look at the aps console there are no signs of any connection
attempt so it seems as if the proxy settings are ignored for http
attempts?

2) I tried setting http_proxy too but same result

3) Telnetting to winpcname.domain.be/linuxpcname.domain.be works.
For instance: telnet linuxpcname.domain.be 3128
Works or at least i can see on the console that APS registers a
connection.

4) To test further i've installed apache and a simple site on the
windows machine and tried to do a wget.
It worked, wget connected fine and downloaded the index.html.
I checked iptables -L but all default policies are set to ACCEPT.
I have no clue anymore as to what happens.

What i can think off:
1) Problem with the routing
My routing table on the linux looks like this:
10.0.0.0   *           255.255.0.0   U  0 0 0 eth0
default    10.10.0.12  0.0.0.0       UG 0 0 0 eth0
   where 10.10.0.12 is the default gateway of the network

2) apt-get doesn't take in account the http_proxy or proxy setting
in /etc/apt/apt-conf. But this seems highly unlikely.

Anybody know what might be causing this?
Any other stuff i can check.

Thanks,
Benedict