Re: authenticate via NTLM & AD

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:15:04PM +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Let the pc authenticate against the AD or at least enable
> apt-get to access the net by authenticating on the proxy
> server (ISA)

For NTLM authentication on an ISA server, you can use the package
ntlmaps available in testing and unstable. If I read this as NTLM APS,
this might be the package you were referring to? Checking... Yes, it is.
Works perfectly for my laptop, which I sometimes attach to a network at
the school where I work. This network is also obstructed by an ISA
server. Nasty things... Remember, ntlmaps logs into the ISA server and
acts as a local proxy server to your system. So for browsing, point your
webbrowser at the proxyserver at localhost:8080 and for using apt, add
this to your /etc/apt/apt.conf:

ACQUIRE::http::Proxy "http://localhost:8080/";;

This should work.

Good luck,

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!