Re: [OT Why GB English is different] Re: Mozilla firefox en-gb

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 12:09:25AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> American English spelling is bloody retarded, and I'm a native
> speaker.  Problem is American English borrows from so many languages,
> we have a real mutt of a language.

One of the more unusual things I learned taking the American->British
test was Trillion (GB) = Billion (American).  Anyway, Paul, I think
British English is pretty much a mutt too.  If it has a bunch of
syllables and sounds complicated, it's Romance.  If it's gutteral and it
sounds like you hit somebody over the head and grunted ("enough"), it's
German.