Re: cups printing problems: mozilla, gimp

2004. május 4. 00:14 dátummal dee ezt írta:
> i have a newly installed 2.4.20 kernel, running testing, and have a
> few new problems, as well a solution to some of my older ones!
>
> i have installed cups and have a usb printer.
> the printer (epson stylus 740, usb) is being seen by the computer (i
> can lpr a text file, on settings set on http://localhost:631/admin)
>
> however, i have two problems: i cannot print from either gimp or
> mozilla (1.5)
>
> mozilla v.1.5: there is apparently no recognition in the system that
> i have requested something to be printed. This doesn't seem to be
> (only?) a cups issue as I cannot print to a .ps file either.

I don't know what could be the problem, just guessing:

- check the cups log files: /var/log/cups/
- check the spool dir: /var/spool/cups if anything is written to it
after printing.

> gimp v.1.2: ascii characters, not the image are printed from a png
> file i used as an example.
>
> I tried a re-installation of gimp-print from source, (by hand, not
> debian, having some vague recollection that i did this last time in
> my old kernel and it solved the problem) using
> ./configure--with-cups
> and was told:
> checking for cups-config... no
> checking for socket in -lsocket... no
> checking for gethostbyaddr in -lnsl... yes
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
> checking for SSL_new in -lssl... yes
> checking for cupsPrintFiles in -lcups... no
> configure: error: Cannot find CUPS libraries (libcups)
> So i was unable to solve the problem like that...

Make sure you've installed the cups's development package.
(libcupsys2-dev in sarge)

Best wishes,

Daniel

--