Re: Backup Strategies for linux

Thanks everyone who replied. I evaluated quite a few utilites and tried
usign simple scripts using tar/gzip and cp. Right now I am using ibackup
script and it seems to do a great job ... it tars/compresses the selected
files that are in it's conf file, then copies them under /root default but
can be changed. It's also possible to encrypt the tarball. It'll be nice
if it had the funtionality to remote login via ssh or some other secure
method and backup the copy of the generated file to some web/webdav/ftp
server. Does anyone know of such a script or utility?

Regards,
Deboo