Re: Backup Strategies for linux

El jue, 29-04-2004 a las 15:06, Deboo escribió:
> Thanks everyone who replied. I evaluated quite a few utilites and tried
> usign simple scripts using tar/gzip and cp. Right now I am using ibackup
> script and it seems to do a great job ... it tars/compresses the selected
> files that are in it's conf file, then copies them under /root default but
> can be changed. It's also possible to encrypt the tarball. It'll be nice
> if it had the funtionality to remote login via ssh or some other secure
> method and backup the copy of the generated file to some web/webdav/ftp
> server. Does anyone know of such a script or utility?

I haven't already tried, and have little time to by now, but I once read
about backing up with: afio
They said the main advantage of this command (afio) against tar+gzip or
cpio was that if your backup gets one block damaged you only lose the
recovering of the affected file, not the whole backup.

Google and man around about it if this interests you...