Re: memtest86 - hardware problem?

hi ya luis

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Luis Finotti wrote:

> I had a motherboard burn out on me and replaced with a
> Gigabyte
>
> http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VT600-L.htm

get tier-1 motherboards .. :-)  vs others
	intel(ooops), asus, tyan

> and upgrade my memory do 512 Mb.

who makes the chips on the memory sticks
who makes the pcb for the memory
	( mushkin, corsair, kingston, viking ?
	- none of the others exists on the radar screen
	if you want "reliable"

> I ran memtest86 a couple of times.

that's worthless .....

no memory vendor will give you a warranty replacement
based on memtest or its variants as compared to their
dedicated multi-million dollar memtestors that supposedly
says the sticks are fine when it went out the door

if these are PC2100 or pC2700 or pc3200 or ???

i assume your motherboard is configured for it
	- check your fsb jumpers on the mb too

== if you want your $$$ back for the bad motherbord,
	-- bring a vicking or corsair memory with you
	so they cannot point the finger to cheap memory
	( and show that the memory works in other boxes

c ya
alvin