Re: memtest86 - hardware problem?

 --- Luis Finotti <finotti@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,

Hello -

> Of course, my money is in the motherboard (which was
> updated with the most recent BIOS, BTW), but the store
> that sold it to me doesn't want to replace until they
> are sure that the motherboard is indeed the problem.

I agree. If you have had memory issues from two different sources then it
must the memory controller on the motherboard. One thing you might
consider trying is to limit how much RAM linux can see:

linux MEM=128m

for example could be used on boot if you had a 512MB module. If it still
crashed after that, take it back and tell them it is faulty.

Hope That Helps,

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"

Chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the
FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/