Re: memtest86 - hardware problem?

Hi Alvin and all,

I really appreciate all the help:

> > I had a motherboard burn out on me and replaced
> > with a
> > Gigabyte

> get tier-1 motherboards .. :-)  vs others
> 	intel(ooops), asus, tyan

I thought Gigabyte was tier-1...  Which ones do you
recommend?

> > and upgrade my memory do 512 Mb.
>
> who makes the chips on the memory sticks
> who makes the pcb for the memory
> 	( mushkin, corsair, kingston, viking ?
> 	- none of the others exists on the radar screen
> 	if you want "reliable"

The new one is a Kingston 512Mb 333MHz DDR PC2700.
The old one I don't know the brand (didn't look) but
it was  256Mb 266MHz DDR PC2100.

> i assume your motherboard is configured for it
> 	- check your fsb jumpers on the mb too

Hmm... I took a quick look at it and I didn't find the
"fsb jumpers", but I will look more carefully.  In any
case, the board is supposed to support DDR400+ memory,
so I assumed it would be fine.

Bill, my power supply is 300 watts...  I will check on
that.  Thanks.  But, would that cause the errors with
memtes86?

Thanks to all for all the help!!

Luis