Re: gimp2

On Monday 26 April 2004 14:11, David Purton wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:54:16PM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:
> > That will explain why I have the same issue with gnumeric.  I shall
> > have to delve into /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to see what dpi I have
> > set.  And I suppose when I have time also into /etc/gtk/gtkrc or
> > somewhere to look for the theme.
>
> I assume you are not running gnome, so maybe this tool will be
> helpful for you:
>
> Package: gtk-theme-switch
> Utilities to easily switch GTK+ themes that can be run from the
> console, and has an optional GUI dock and theme preview. It can
> install themes downloaded from gtk.themes.org as well straight from
> the tarball.
> .
> The package contains two binaries, switch and switch2, which
> respectively are for previewing/installing GTK+ 1.x themes and GTK+
> 2.x themes.

That sounds good - I'll certainly try it.

> How do you start X?
>
> do use gdm/kdm/xdm or just startx?

just startx - never found a way to start kde directly in recent upgrades
(startkde used to work a couple of years ago).  But since kde
'disappeared' following an ill-timed upgrade a few weeks back, I've
been using icewm.  I may even purge kde from my machine one day soon -
icewm is so much faster and I don't miss many features of kde
(kaddressbook, kiconedit, kfax are probably the only ones that don't
have alternatives, apart from a few games).

> if you use a display manager then look for its config file - probably
> in /etc/X11/(g|x|k)dm/ - and then look for the line it uses to start
> the x server. Add -dpi 72 for a smaller resolution.

Thanks for the help, David.

--
richard