Re: gimp2

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:54:16PM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:

> That will explain why I have the same issue with gnumeric.  I shall have
> to delve into /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to see what dpi I have set.  And I
> suppose when I have time also into /etc/gtk/gtkrc or somewhere to look
> for the theme.

I assume you are not running gnome, so maybe this tool will be helpful
for you:

Package: gtk-theme-switch
Utilities to easily switch GTK+ themes that can be run from the console, and
has an optional GUI dock and theme preview. It can install themes downloaded
from gtk.themes.org as well straight from the tarball.
.
The package contains two binaries, switch and switch2, which respectively are
for previewing/installing GTK+ 1.x themes and GTK+ 2.x themes.

How do you start X?

do use gdm/kdm/xdm or just startx?

if you use a display manager then look for its config file - probably in
/etc/X11/(g|x|k)dm/ - and then look for the line it uses to start the
x server. Add -dpi 72 for a smaller resolution.

if you use startx, then try "startx -- -dpi 72"

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a