Re: gimp2

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:55, David Purton wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 10:05:35AM +0200, Richard Lyons wrote:
[...]
> > The new gui for gimp seems to me to have lost the elegant
> > minimalism of the old.
[...]
> You can break all the windows up into smaller bits or sets of tabbed
> windows. You can remove the menu bar from the drawing windows, so
> they return to a gimp1.2 look (which I also prefer).
[...]
Aah.  Now I've found how to break them up.  Thanks.

> IMHO, the new gimp UI is a *HUGE* improvement of the the previous
> one.
[...]

Agreed.  My only slight reservation is that some tools now don't work at
all when you select the smallest fuzzy shape, and the next size up is
too big sometimes.

> If you use tabs properly...
[...]

Thanks, I had entirely missed the tabs.

> I don't know what you mean about menubars and components been bigger
> - these are dependent on whatever gtk2 theme you are running and
> whatever dpi you are running your X server at.
[...]

That will explain why I have the same issue with gnumeric.  I shall have
to delve into /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to see what dpi I have set.  And I
suppose when I have time also into /etc/gtk/gtkrc or somewhere to look
for the theme.

Thanks for the guidance.

--
richard