Backup Strategies for linux?

   What is the best way to backup on linux, with a 250M zip drive? I
   have tried many backup programs but I wish to have something
   semi-automatic kind of thing. I have used ibackup, bu (script),
   kbackup, floppybackup, and few others but am not satisfied with
   them. What I need is something that would regularly (thru cron or
   anacron or something else), compress the dir in to a zip file,
   optionally encrypt it, copy it on to a zip disk and then log on to
   a webdav or ftp server and transfer this file automatically there?
   What is the best way to have this kind of backup done?

  What different backup strategies are there on linux and what is the
  best one? Is there some good website that discusses these? If someone
  can point me there, it would be great.

Regards,
Deboo