Re: VFS: Cannot open root device

I am having somewhat the same problem mentioned in this trail.  The bin
2.6.3 deb works fine (etcept for alsa which is what started the whole
thing)
When I recompile I cannot get the root file system to come up.
I copied over the /boot/config file, ran make config, checked that ext3
is compiles in, I cannot find the msdos meentioed below, where is it in
the setup menu?

Is the /boot/ config-2.6.3-1-386 the file that is used to build the bin
file?
Where is the msdos config option?
I ran an sdiff between my compiled configs and the one above,
interestingly enough I do not believe the one above would even work

Thanks in advance
Brian