Adding Xfce4 to the GDM sessions menu

Hi,

Up till now I was always running Gnome, but yesterday I decided to have a go at Xfce4 so installed the Xfce4 packages. This seemed to go OK, but I'm still not able to get it listed in the GDM sessions menu. I already did quite some googling but still no luck.

In /etc/gdm/Sessions there is an xfce4 script which has the right permissions.

What I cannot find out where gdm gets the info about the available sessions. For example I first had also KDE installed and it was in the session menu. Then I wiped away KDE and it was still in the sessions menu. I think after some update of gdm it was removed from the session menu, but in /etc/gdm/Sessions there is still a KDE script.

So how can I get a session and in particular Xfce4 added to GDM?

Jaap

BTW I'm running SID