Re: Preventing default route being wrongly attached

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:35:19AM +0100, robert fernando wrote:
> Hi all,
> Q1 How do I reconfigure a Debian 3.x system 2.2.20-idepci so that the
> default route is not tied to the sl0 / slip device.
> eth0 is setup to be connected to a 3c509 ethernert card.
>
> Why do I need to do this.
> It appears that having sl0 atached to the default route before doing a
> dial up which uses ppp cause ppp to login correctly, but then fail on
> sending of packet data / ping data nothing is sent.

The sl0 interface is probably created by diald.  Diald is a package which
controls demand dialing, but nowadays most users prefer the demand
dialing which is built into pppd.  You might want to uninstall diald, or
study the man page and the /usr/share/doc/diald files to see how it
works.

--
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
		-- Andrew Young