Re: cyrus fun

At 17:57 -0800 3/18/04, Dave Carrigan wrote:
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 06:40:04PM -0500, Mauricio wrote:

	Yep, I am running woody.  Can I simply change "stable" to
 "testing" in /etc/apt/sources.list and download cyrus 21 (withotu
 having to reinstall debian)?

I wouldn't recommend going up to testing unless you're ready to upgrade
a *lot* of stuff. Actually, you shouldn't run testing at all; stick to
stable or unstable. However, Henrique (the Debian cyrus maintainer) has
backports for woody, so you shouldn't need to upgrade. Just add this

 deb http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/ hmh/cyrus/

to your sources.list.

Finally I can get back to this. So, I added the line as you suggested and then did an update

katrina:/home/raub# apt-get update
[...]
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
katrina:/home/raub# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
katrina:/home/raub#

And looked for cyrus-21:

katrina:/home/raub# apt-cache search cyrus
althea - IMAP email client for GTK+
cyrus-admin - CMU Cyrus mail system (administration tool)
cyrus-common - CMU Cyrus mail system (common files)
cyrus-dev - CMU Cyrus mail system (developer files)
cyrus-imapd - CMU Cyrus mail system (IMAP support)
cyrus-nntp - CMU Cyrus mail system (NNTP support)
cyrus-pop3d - CMU Cyrus mail system (POP3 support)
libauthen-sasl-cyrus-perl - Perl extension for Cyrus SASL library
libimap-admin-perl - Administer IMAP servers
libsasl-dev - Development files for authentication abstraction library.
libsasl-digestmd5-plain - DIGEST-MD5 module for SASL
libsasl-gssapi-mit - Pluggable Authentication Modules for SASL - MIT GSSAPI
libsasl-krb4-mit - Pluggable Authentication Modules for SASL - MIT Kerberos4
libsasl-modules-plain - Basic Pluggable Authentication Modules for SASL
libsasl7 - Authentication abstraction library.
sasl-bin - Programs for manipulating the SASL users database
sendmail - A powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent
althea-ssl - IMAP email client for GTK+
cyrus21-admin - Cyrus mail system (administration tool)
cyrus21-doc - Cyrus mail system (documentation files)
katrina:/home/raub#

But, when I tried to install it...

katrina:/home/raub# apt-get install cyrus21-admin
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

cyrus21-admin: Depends: libcyrus-imap-perl21 (>= 2.1.15-0woody.1.0) but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages