Re: Preventing default route being wrongly attached

Hi fellow users,

Q1 If diaable diald will I be able to accept incoming dialup connections to my pc/modem. Which package would be used insead to enable this functionality.

Q2 How to I prevent diald being activated on my pc bootling linux.

thanks
Robert Fernando

John Hasler wrote:
robert fernando writes:

Do I need to get diald and pppd working together if I want to support
dial in connections and ppp out to my isp.

You don't need diald at all.  Pppd supports demand dialing. Run pppconfig,
go to 'Advanced', and select 'Demand'.

--
Robert Fernando
Email    robert.fernando@ntlworld.com