Re: apt-get install hangs while unpacking

The problem is most likely to occur on large deb files.  Small one are
much more likely to install OK.  The problem is not limited to any one
particular file.  Also, dpkg -i is more likely to work than apt-get.

Somewhere someone said that it may be a corrupt library.  I reinstalled
lots of packages and that didn't fix the problem.  I just went through the
painful process (many, many hangs requiring repeat runs!!) of upgrading to
testing to see if that fixed the problem.  I don't think it did.  Right
now I am really questioning my decision to switch from Redhat over to
debian.  The main draw for me was the power of apt-get, but it is more
problem than solution.  Arg!  I wish there was someone with a fix for
this.

David