Re: apt-get install hangs while unpacking

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:02:28PM -0500, David wrote:
> When I ran the apt-get inside strace, it was killed by SIGSEGV and left
> the three dpkg-deb processes orphans.  Those three processes seem to be
> trying to unpack the same file.  Why am I getting three processes?  I
> tried to capture the unpacking on another debian computer and it only
> seems to have one.
>
> David

Hi David,
sounds like you need to dig a bit deeper into the pre- & post- stage of
package installation.
In  /var/lib/dpkg/info/{pkgname}.* there are scripts -- most in bourne
shell, so they are imposible to follow. See if you can see what is
happening there....
-Kev