Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 18:01, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
--snip--
> Sure, there are some quantifiable differences (and many that we could
> argue about till the cows come home); what I should have asked, and
> meant to ask, is, *how* would you treat women any differently than men?
> Especially when your only medium is the keyboard.  I have trouble
> imagining a non-dating, non-pregnancy-related situation in which I would
> consider being treated differently than a man appropriate.  And the only
> reason I'm considering the dating situation is because I believe you're
> hetero, and therefore you would certainly treat a woman differently than
> a man in that situation -- simply because you wouldn't be on a date with
> a man.

In an online forum, I try to not treat men and women differently.
Generally speaking, if I feel the urge to flame you, I'll shut up. And
if I feel the urge to answer you, I will. Your gender has no bearing on
that. Unless you use the letter U and the numbers 2 and 4 as words, in
which case I'll dismiss you as an idiot regardless of gender or the
validity of your question. (Luckily, with the exception of trollers and
bots, I have not yet seen this in my 2+ years on d-u.)
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837