Re: YaST

Vineet Kumar <vineet@doorstop.net> writes:

> * Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca)[20040319 22:49]:
>> Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:
>>
>> > About the only thing I've ever found in the FHS or SuSE that I really
>> > liked was the concept of /srv directory for holding file providing
>> > services.
>> >
>> > Is there any discussion on Debian and introducing /srv?
>> > (Not that you should know, but wondering)
>>
>> You're allowed to do this for yourself without insisting everybody
>> else be inflicted with the same useless "Program Files" style
>> directory management Windows suffers from.  8:o)
>
> That's a total non-sequitur.  Someone obviously hasn't read
> the FHS ... (and yet, still feels qualified to comment on
> it's "uselessness").

Actually, I have read the FHS, I just don't remember /srv being part
of it.  But looking it up, sure enough...
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM

: :'  :
`. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
  `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org   aboutdebian.com