Re: cyrus fun

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 20:57, Dave Carrigan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 06:40:04PM -0500, Mauricio wrote:
>
> > 	Yep, I am running woody.  Can I simply change "stable" to
> > "testing" in /etc/apt/sources.list and download cyrus 21 (withotu
> > having to reinstall debian)?
>
> I wouldn't recommend going up to testing unless you're ready to upgrade
> a *lot* of stuff. Actually, you shouldn't run testing at all; stick to
> stable or unstable. However, Henrique (the Debian cyrus maintainer) has
> backports for woody, so you shouldn't need to upgrade. Just add this
>
>  deb http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/ hmh/cyrus/
>
> to your sources.list.

I have actually had a Cyrus IMAP server set up on debian with SSL. You
will need to use a 2.x version though for SSL, previous versions don't
support it. If you want you can check out this link
http://devslash.org/?topic=cyrus21 it's for a BSD box but most of the
configuration is basically the same and it should get you on your way.
Also, there is some pretty good info in the cyrus site itself.

--
Gerard Ceraso <gerard@devslash.org>