cyrus fun

Has anyone successfully installed cyrus in a debian machine, being able then to imap through ssl to it? If so, could you give me some hints regarding configuration (like /etc/imapd.conf, and any required changes to /etc/inetd.conf. After all, how is it being loaded?), layout, and so on? I am getting *this* close of simply dropping it and going to wu-imap. I have no problems imaping to it, but when I try to do it through ssl, it will not do it:

katrina:/home/raub# openssl s_client -connect localhost:993
connect: Connection refused
connect:errno=29
katrina:/home/raub#

And I cannot figure out why. =(