Re: cyrus fun

At 09:14 -0800 3/18/04, Dave Carrigan wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:29:06PM -0500, Mauricio wrote:
	Has anyone successfully installed cyrus in a debian machine,
 being able then to imap through ssl to it?  If so, could you give me
 some hints regarding configuration (like /etc/imapd.conf, and any
 required changes to /etc/inetd.conf.  After all, how is it being
 loaded?), layout, and so on?  I am getting *this* close of simply
 dropping it and going to wu-imap.  I have no problems imaping to it,
 but when I try to do it through ssl, it will not do it:

This is my config with Cyrus 21:

tls_cert_file: /mount/mail/cyrus/etc/imap.rudedog.org.crt
tls_key_file: /mount/mail/cyrus/etc/imap.rudedog.org.key

That's with a locally-generated signed by a private CA.

Since you mention inetd.conf, it sounds like you might be using Cyrus
1.x. You should really look at using cyrus21 instead. Even if you're
running stable, I'm pretty sure you can find a backport.

Yep, I am running woody. Can I simply change "stable" to "testing" in /etc/apt/sources.list and download cyrus 21 (withotu having to reinstall debian)?