Re: Apache questions.......

On 2004-03-15, Ralph Crongeyer penned:
> Hi all,
>
> There are two Apache packages in Sarge, apache and apache-ssl. But
> there is also a libapache-mod-ssl package????
>
> Apache-ssl works in encrypted mode fine, however I can't get it to use
> mod_php4, which I need. Apache is able to use mod_php4 but I cannot
> get it to use mod_ssl, which I also need??
>
> I would like to use apache, php4, and mod_ssl (but I don't want to run
> two apache instances).
>
> What do I need to do to get all this (apache, mod_php4, and mod_ssl )
> working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ralph

As I haven't seen any answers to this question, I'll take a stab at it.

Ahah!  And just found out that my apache-ssl configuration was allowing
browsers to view my php code.  Isn't that just peachy.

I seem to have it all fixed now.  Here's what I have in sid:

I have both the apache and apache-ssl packages.

home:/etc/apache# grep php *.conf
modules.conf:LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
srm.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3

home:/etc/apache-ssl# grep php *.conf
httpd.conf:    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
httpd.conf:    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
modules.conf:LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

Oh, after you restart your server, I've found that browser caching can
often give you outdated results; so to test I usually move to a
different browser altogether.

--
monique