Re: [SOLVED] Re: mozilla producing invalid ps files?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 05:19:16PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> H. S. wrote:
> >Apparently, _Hugo Vanwoerkom_, on 03/13/04 10:33,typed:
> >
> >>As indicated in previous posts, I am unsure who actually does this:
> >>mozilla or xprt. It could be xprt and then you might try
> >>xprt-xprintorg to do the printing.
> >

> >That did it! I just installed
> >~# apt-get install xprt-xprintorg
> >

> Glad that worked. I stumbled across it when xprt did (does?) not work
> with the 4.3.0 binaries for Backstreet Ruby. I think I googled the
> answer. But I note that there is no bug report on xprt that mentions
> this. Yet it seems clear that there is a problem with it.

Actually if you do apt-cache show xprt you will see this paragraph:

 This package provides Xprt, the Xprint server from XFree86.  Note that this
 version is buggy and does not work with Mozilla.  You should install
 xprt-xprintorg instead, which provides full support for printing from
 mozilla, including non-latin characters and MathML.  Improvement of XFree86's
 version of the Xprint server is expected in a future release.