Konqueror goes crazy -- endless loop

Dear friends:

When I click on a URL in Kmail (where the browser to be invoked is Konqueror,
as set in Control Panel, File Manager, File Associations), it launches
infinite iterations of Konqueror, literally, one after another after another.
This does NOT happen when I invoke Konqueror by itself. It comes on only
ONCE. This problem could have been caused by the XN upgrade yesterday. I
tried to solve it by reinstalling Konqueror. No change. How do I stop this?
The same happens in other applications when I invoke the browser. What could
be causing this? How do stop this madness?

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

http://www.websher.net/temp/Konqueror1.jpg

Thank you.

Benjamin
--