Re: Speeding apt by multiple connections

setup a local apt-cacher repository.
This drastically speeds up downloads, as it only gets new package lists
once per day (per configuration).
It saves all previously downloaded apt files to the cache.
This is good because:
Downloads are a lot faster.
You save bandwidth for everyone involved.